I’ll try to keep this brief, because I want it to be more about the people I’m passing it on to than myself. Carly @ Books Etc. nominated me and I’d like to thank her for that and for supporting me and my writing. It means a lot!
-Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.
-List 11 facts about yourself.
-Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
-Nominate 11 bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers.
-(You can’t nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
-Ask them 11 questions.
-Let them know about the nomination.
Facts about me:
1. I can play, or have tried playing almost every instrument ever.
2.Variations of Folk, Rock, and Indie music is one of my favorite things ever. (Ingrid Michelson, Regina Spektor, Eric Hutchinson, City and Color, The Black Keys)
3. My guilty music pleasure is rap and I can totally hold my own with the best of them. (Don’t worry I only rap Caucasianally *winks*)
4. I recently picked up painting. I’ve entered the magical world of acrylics.
5. I did Irish dance once upon a time and loved it dearly. (I currently miss it dearly)
6. I have two adorable dogs. Mario and Lucy. Lucy engjoys jumping off decks and nearly hanging herself in the process and Mario barks at anything that moves.
7. I’m turning fifteen in about a week! ( I know I’m a little summer baby.)
8. I’ve been to Ireland and I miss it every day. (But seriously though…)
9. I’m cutting and dying part of my hair again tomorrow. I’m excited to have my purple back!
10. I’m in my schools auditioned choir. I made NK’s Symphonic Choir! 😀
11. I’ve never finished a piece of writing that wasn’t a school assignment. Sad, I know.
Carly’s Questions and My Answers:
1. If you were in an apocalypse, which five characters from any books would you want to be there with you?
Avery from Salt & Storm, Alyssa and Morpheus from Splintered because their powers would be really helpful. Ignifex from Cruel Beauty, just for funzies, and Katniss from The Hunger Games because who wouldn’t want her survival know how at a time like that?
2. What is your favorite book of all time and why?
Oh, no you’re not making me choose. You wouldn’t! That’s just not nice! I can’t do it! I am partial to To Kill a Mockingbird, but I’m partial to a lot of books. 😉
3. Do you listen to a music while you read? If so, what kind of music do you listen to?
I occasionally listen to music while reading, but usually just whatever is playing. I listen to music more while I’m writing. I like variations of Indie music, pop, rock, rap, and even some country, I listen to a crazy mix of everything really.
4. If you had a time machine, would you go to the past or to the future?
The past without a doubt. While I’m still young and naive, I am less so than I used to be and I think it would be good to go back and be able to re-live things I didn’t value as much back then. Seeing the future would just freak me out too much and it would change how I make decisions and not necessarily in a good way.
5. What are some books you recommend?
Oh man there are so many! If your looking for horror Amity by Micol Ostow is definitely the way to go. The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black, Between the Devil and The Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Touchlke, Salt & Storm by Kendall Kulper, All the Truth That’s in Me by Julie Berry.
6. Who are some authors that influence your literary life (reading and writing)?
I don’t really know because I don’t have favorite authors. However I do find a lot of strength and inspiration from Neil Gaiman. Not from his books or anything, but if you look up his speeches, advice, quotes, ect. he has some really cool things to say about writing and being creative. Check it out.
7. Why did you start blogging?
Pfff, oh my it has been so long now, I’m not sure I really know because my reasons for blogging now aren’t necessarily what they were then. I think I had some vague idea that it would be cool to share my passion with people but I don’t think I really understood what it would be like or the scale, ect. I don’t really know how to describe it and I know that answer sounded very standard and a little bit cliche, sorry, but it’s the truth.
8. What is your favorite word?
Enamored. I don’t really know why. I think I just like the way it feels when you say it and I think it is a classy way to express that feeling or whatever.
9. If you could only read five books for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Oh gosh. I don’t really have favorite books or authors so I don’t know! Um, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, Salt and Storm by Kendall Kulper, Amity by Micol Ostow, The Bible (no judgment. I’m being serious. If I could only read five books I’d want to have the ability to read it. It’s not like I’d spend my days reading it cover to cover.), and some collection of stories or mythology so that I’d get a bunch of stories all in one book.
10. If you could have any animal (fictional or otherwise) as a pet, what would it be?
A fox or a wolf. I’ve loved both for forever for some unknown reason.
11. What is your favorite soda?
Dr. Pepper all the way man!
1. What post are you most proud of? (Link us to it please!)
2. If you had to pick two fictional characters to be your parents and raise you from baby to adult who would you pick and why? (They don’t have to be from the same books.)
3. If you had to take the place of your a character in a book, whose place would you take and why?
4. Everyone always asks about your favorite part of blogging, but let’s be real, there have to be things that you don’t like. What is your least favorite part or the part that is the most challenging?
5. What has been your favorite read this month? (Or pick a few if picking one is too hard.)
6. If you were to make a book cover that represented your life and personality what would it look like?
7. Of course you love books and blogging and all that good stuff but if you didn’t spend time doing either one of those things, what would you spend all your free time doing?
8. What’s your favorite and least favorite genre and why?
9. What makes you want to read a book (more than other books)?
10. How do you feel about book covers? Do you judge books based on them? Is it ok to? Ect.
11. If you were to pick an author to write a book based on you and your life, who would you want to write it?
1. Catherine @ Stray Imaginations
2. Skylar @ Life of a Random
3. Emily @ Forever Literary
4. Ella @ Once Upon a Bookish Time
5. Aneta @ The Graffiti On The Wall
6. Tansie @ Totally Tansie
(I’m only mentioning six but there are SO many others who deserve it so pass it on!)
Thanks again Carly and thanks to the rest of my followers!