|by Skylar Finn|
If you don’t know what Sunday Swoons is, it’s a weekly feature where Skylar @ Life of a Random and I (and anyone who links up) chat about all things swoon worthy every spectacular Sunday!
1. You’re welcome to use the button Skylar designed as long as you cite her as the source/give her all the loving credit she deserves!
2. You can post in whatever style you would like: list, discussion, etc. as long as what you are talking about goes with the topic for the week.
3. You either must follow the topic given OR you can do a post on the opposite of the topic we give. (Example: Our topic– Top 5 Favorite Couples, Your topic– Top 5 Least Favorite Couples.)
4. Your posts don’t have to have anything to do with books you are reading right now. If you reference specific books, they can be past or older reads. (It’s nice if you put in the Goodreads link to the book, or another site that will take readers to the book’s synopsis, cover, and other information.)
5. Please remember to link back to us in your post, giving us credit for the feature! Also, you can add your link to the link-up tool at either of our posts ( it may only work on mine the first time because we are still working that part out.).
This week’s topic is: Romantic Writings! (AKA let’s chat about all the relationships we’ve written!)
I am going to talk about/ list all the different types of relationships I have written and which one I am the happiest with. Brace yourselves. As you all know by now, I have written A LOT but never finished or stuck with anything for any long period of time. As mentioned in this throwback Figments Friday post, I have started to write roughly 18 pieces (now about 19-20 at the least) I won’t talk for ever and a day about all of them, and some might not even be mentioned so don’t worry that this post will go on for all eternity.
The situation: Daemon hunter/nephilim boy is supposed to kill a girl that is part daemon but then decides not to because she doesn’t seem to know about daemons and they fall in love. Immediately.
My thoughts (now): Again, what the heck did you think you were doing Briana? INSTA-LOVE REALLY?! Not just any insta-love, one with a cheesy over done background and one that couldn’t have happened more instantaneously if you’d tried?!
The situation: A boy moves to a small island and a local girl is forced to show him around. She doesn’t really like him. It’s nothing personal, she just doesn’t really do the whole people and social interaction thing. But hey feelings change sometimes?
My thoughts (now): I tried not to give away the entire plot because I am actually really happy with this one right now and plan on continuing it. I love the book and their relationship right now. I want it to be reasonably paced, realistic and awkward, but I am worried that I am getting so excited about it that I am making it happen a bit too fast. Hopefully I will finish and then I can just go back and fix the pacing of their relationship. Wish me luck.
Working Title of Dreams of Death:
The situation: A girl has lots of nightmares. Her family takes in this boy who just got orphaned because her parents were good friends of his. He finds out about her nightmares because he hears her crying out from down the hall,
comforts wakes her up (even thought she’d like to push him off a cliff and he feels similarly. So he really does it mostly just to get her to shut up.) and eventually they happen to always have to be there for each other and love blooms.
My thoughts (now): I don’t have much to say because I only wrote like one page. (Surprise, surprise!) However, I feel like although the full plot was really weird, and that their relationship was slightly cliche, it would have been better than the first one mentioned, Daemon Blood, and 98% of all the other things I have written.
WIP 2 (current):
The situation: A girl is in a very dark place after loosing her best friend to suicide and begins to find her way back to normal with the help of a boy. (NOTE: he doesn’t save her! He opens her eyes and supports her as she saves herself!)
My thoughts (now): I am starting all over on this one so we’ll so where it goes (if anywhere) I liked him and I liked their relationship, it is just that the rest of the story was all wrong.
Next week’s topic: Everyone Loves Me Syndrome