A huge thanks to Jess over @ The Princessica Of Books for the nomination! It is a huge honor to be receiving this award again and I am so excited to pass it on!
The award recognizes blogs with 200 or less followers.
Here are the rules:
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gave you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. 11 blogs you think are deserving of the award. (You can do less if you really can’t find 11).
5. Let the bloggers know you have nominated them.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
Here are Jess’s questions and my answers:
1. What do you love most about blogging?
I love when I get to talking with readers. It is so much fun to discuss both different and similar opinions and it really opens your eyes to new points of view.
2. What is the last spontaneous and exciting thing you’ve done?
Oh wow, I don’t know! I feel like most of the things I do in life are pretty spontaneous, but none that spectacularly exciting. Really, I just usually have a friend over to hang out or I bake some fattening but delicious food and eat it all.
3. What is your favorite holiday?
I guess I’d have to say Christmas, but not for the usual reasons. It is the time of year where i am most likely to see at least some of my siblings, and My grandpa always hosts a huge christmas party for the whole family, so it is fun to see all my cousins and such then too. Also, I have an obsession with gift giving. I love finding the perfect present that is just right for the person I’m giving it too. Not to mention my love of decorations, Christmas trees, and of course Christmas music.
4. Why do you read books?
That’s a very good question. I don’t know that I know the full answer, or am able to explain it at least. The easy answer: because I love it. Really it is more than that, but I don’t really know how to convey it so I’ll leave it at that.
5. Favorite genre?
Oh man this is a tough one, I really like most things YA. I have a soft spot for fantasy and retellings (especially of Beauty and The Beast). Lately I’ve been gravitating a lot more towards romance, but I also like a good sci-fi book.
Wow, I did a great job picking a favorite! x) I guess if I had to pick ONE I’d say fantasy….
6. What are your favorite things to do, besides reading and blogging?
You mean people actually do stuff other than reading and blogging?! Kidding, kidding. I take private piano and voice lessons and plan on starting to teach piano to beginners this coming year. I also play tennis for my school. In addition to all that I also enjoy just hanging out with my friends and family.
7. What Hogwarts house are you in?
According to a quiz on Play Buzz, I’m a Ravenclaw!
“Ravenclaws possess the ability to learn quickly and adapt to situations with ease. They also tend to be very wise. You’re original and creative, and you know how to use your strengths to your advantage! You have a competitive spirit, which is good for sports such as Quidditch, but don’t let it make you a sore loser!”
8. Have you ever won a giveaway?
Nope! Someday though… *crosses fingers*
9. If money didn’t matter, what job would you take up?
To me, money isn’t even something I think about when it comes to choosing a job. If I want to do it badly enough, I’ll find a way to make ends meet. Right now, I’m planning on English Secondary Education.
10. An asteroid just hit the Earth, what do you do?
Well depending on the size and location of the asteroid strike I could very well be dead, if not it would probably not have much influence on my life so I’d probably live on as usual.
11. What are your favorite places to buy books?
Liberty Bay Books! I love all of the employees and I like that it is small (unlike big chains like Barnes & Noble) and since I’m not a big fan of used books, I like that they are a primarily new book store, but also sell used books if you’d like to go that route. Also, they now have an AMAZING bakery in the back. Books, coffee, and bacon maple scones all in one place. What’s better than that?
Here are 11 random facts about me:
1. I’m not only playing tennis this year, I’m also a manager for the boy’s tennis team.
2. I hate talking on the phone 98% of the time.
3. I’ve recently gotten really into writing poetry, despite it not really being my strong suite.
4. I like painting my nails, but am always too lazy to take it off.
5. I have a claddagh (an Irish ring that signifies the wearer’s relationship status based on which direction it is worn) that I have worn every day of my life for the past 4, going on 5, years.
6. I am currently planning on moving to Ireland and living there for a few years after college.
7. Football is one of my favorite sports to watch and I look forward to the season every year.
8. When I was little, I wanted to research the behavior of wolves.
9. This year, I will have been playing piano for 10 years.
10. I want to adopt when I grow up.
11. Thai and Teriyaki are my two favorite kinds of food.
Here are my 11 questions for you guys:
1. What is your favorite quote?
2. Do you tend to borrow or buy books more?
3. What is your least favorite type of dessert and why?
4. If you could be a MC in a Disney movie, who would you be and why?
5. Is there a restaurant or store you visit on a regular basis?
6. Is the career you currently have, or dream of having related to books, reading, or writing?
7. Do you have a best blogger buddy? Who?
8. Is there any kind of book you won’t read or try?
9. What is your favorite thing about each season?
10. Do you have any superstitions?
11. If you were to re-name yourself, what name would you pick?
Here are my nominations:
-Julia @ Running Through The Stars
-Sophia @ Ravens and Writing Desks
-Amanda @ Of Spectacles and Books
-Alexandria @ Book’s Buzz
-Mari & P.E. @ The Sirenic Codex
-Sara @ A Slightly Nerdy Bookworm
-Mallory @ The Leaning Tower Of Tomes
-Anyone else who fits the criteria and hasn’t been nominated by me before!
Thanks again for the nomination! I can’t wait to see everyone’s acceptance posts!